Colchester & Tendring Athletics Club has been at the forefront of athletics in Colchester since its inception in 1983, although our roots preceed this date.
Originally formed in the 1920's under the name of Colchester Harriers, we hosted many events including the Essex championship, held in the castle meadow now the cricket ground. After the war athletics returned to the town with a new club known as Colchester Garrison AC with many members from the garrison itself. Only a few years passed when there was a split from the army personnel which brought about Colchester Athletic AC. some of our current life members were involved with the first few years.
Clacton AC was started in 1963 but only lasted 3-4 years, this was followed by Tendring AC who enjoyed many years of athletics on their grass track in Clacton.
In 1983 Colchester Athletic AC and Tendring AC merged to form the club we know today.
We compete in the following leagues:
Southern Athletics league
Eastern Young Athletics League
East Anglian League
Chairman: Alan Palmer firstname.lastname@example.org,
Vice-Chair: Carey Hollick